Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Time for another update.:)

Lots going on at the moment.:)

   CHRISTmas was really wonderful. Robby and family spent the night on CHRISTmas eve so we could all get up CHRISTmas morning to open our presents together. It takes a LONG time to do that when you have a large family.:) Liz, Robby's wife, cooked most of the meal for us. She made the turkey, ham, dressing, sweet potato soufflé, green bean casserole, corn casserole,  cream cheese mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, chocolate pie and a couple of lemon meringue pies. I made a few dishes, Pistachio whip, Potato salad, then split it up to make one with onions, one without onions and then one made using Splenda instead of sugar. Baked Macaroni and Cheese and a Waldorf Salad. Oh and supplied the cranberry sauce.I also  purchased dinner rolls that only needed ten minutes heating in the oven Mama and Joe came over early Christmas morning to be with the family as we opened our presents. Mama made a jello salad and banana pudding before coming over to add to our huge meal.  My Nephew and his wife and three kids were here for dinner and we exchanged our gifts with them at that time. They brought food they knew their young kids would like.:) So..all in all it was really a nice CHRISTmas!

 Two days later...I get a slight sore throat.:( Over the next few days it develops into  a sinus infection which I had to go to the Doctor to get an antibiotic for. My throat was sore, left eye watering and even my teeth on the left side of my face were hurting. Doc took one look in my throat after reading the symptoms from the nurse's notes and said. Looks like sinus infection. Hurting teeth go along with sinus infection. Wrote a prescription for antibiotic and sent me home. Where.. after filling the prescription.... I have been up until now. I am still fighting this thing. I have also been taking Mucinex severe sinus medicine. Which has been helping the sinus's to drain. Otherwise I would have exploded. LOL The coughing started a couple of days ago.:(  Hope that's a sign it is starting to break up!! :)

  My CHRISTmas decorations are still all over the house too. I keep thinking I need to take them down..but don't feel up to that task yet. I figure...I am early for next years CHRISTmas.LOL That's one task taken care of for the new year.hehe Just kidding! Jim said I must be feeling better cause I am starting to tease again.:) It's been rough for sure! 

 When I feel even better ..I will post CHRISTmas pics.

Thanks for stopping in and for leaving a sign you were here.LOL

Hugs,
Valinda

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

WOW, you must have had quite some left over from Christmasdinner for the next day, reading all the dishes you had LOL!
Happy you all had a wonderful Christmas, although the year had some rough times for you in stash. But as long as you all gather up every now and then and can enjoy it, life still is good.
Sorry to hear about your infection, it will take some time to heal and beat it, so take care of yourself.
You will need lots of rest, so leave the Christmas decorations for a while longer and attack the job when you are really feeling better.
Not the bst start of a New Year, but on the other hand, this already is almost done with, no need to linger too long to it anymore.
Greetings to everyone, big hug for you.
Kyra

LilyBelle said...

Hi Val,

Just stopping by to thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Not many bother these days so it's really nice to hear from a long-time reader.

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas - GOOD!!! :)

Hugs,
Fay