Sunday, February 02, 2014

60th Birthday Happenings!



                                                 It snowed 2 1/2 inches at our place.

 The top four photos are from my front porch. The neighborhood kids were having a blast climbing to the top end of our street ...to slide down on their makeshift sleds.:)


 These pics are of my back yard. The snowdrift at the bottom of the pic is actually the top of our grill.LOL 

 Since we were snowed in and didn't have any way to get a cake from anywhere. Christy made a home made Chocolate chip cookie cake for the five of us!! I already had a sugar free cake mix waiting to be mixed and baked ..and she made cupcakes for me using that. She had bought a can or two of chocolate icing a while back and had it in her cupboard. Jim held a candle up for me and the family sang happy birthday to me and I made a wish and blew it out.LOL

   Now..to the reason I am posting this today...Jim had asked me way before my birthday this last Tuesday..where I wanted  him to take me for my Birthday dinner. I told him Texas Roadhouse!! Well..it snowed really hard and during the snowy days I had caught a cold and didn't feel well...so we waited for me to get to feeling better. We decided to go today and I had found a Special in my email for a free Cactus Blossom (onion) and that today was another special. An 11 oz Sirloin steak, two sides, and unlimited dinner rolls and peanuts! $10.99!! The dinner was AWESOMELY DELICIOUS! I couldn't have asked for anything better!!! Everything was cooked just the way we all wanted it. ( My son Robby and his wife Liz, Christy, Jim and I ) We all LOVED our meals! It took a few days to get there ,,,hehe..but well worth the trip.:)

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

So nice to hear you had a terrific birthday, despite of the weather!
Gosh, you have really a thick cover of snow. It looks beautiful, but nevertheless I am happy we don;t have to cope with that(till now).
Your birthday meal sounds delicious.
Well, sweet lady, now back on the road to your 61st LOL!
Hugs
Kyra

Judy said...

oh my look at that snow and that fun hill for sliding on...wow. Glad to hear you are feeling better and could get out for what looks like an awesome delicious meal and what prices to match. Glad you had a great time with family for your birthday ...tell Christy the cupcakes look yummmmiiiieeee

hugs

Mrs. Miles said...

I'm reading backwards... and I say we have to go to Roadhouse when we come. OH My goshness. I have to go find a recipe for that onion blossom thing. And will Christie please bake for us too? haha, we will do dishes.

You have more snow than us, can you believe it?

Love ya,
Barb