Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Saw ROCK CITY!!


Jim took this week off from work and Friday and Saturday we spent our days first going to Rock City on Friday and then to the Tennessee Aquarium and Imax theater on Saturday.This is a panoramic view of the seven states that we can see from the top of Look Out Mountain. Jim pasted four or five photos that he took from our camera,together so you can see the whole view! It was breath taking!


 We had visited Rock City when the kids were little ones and Jimmy still remembers the trip..but I had forgotten a LOT..I was thrilled to be able to visit it again! If you decide to go..make sure you have your camera and hiking boots on.LOL We walked soo much that day. Stairs up and down and all around too.I wouldn't have missed it for the world..even if we did collapse when we got back to the hotel room.:)

                                 
                                     I did a LOT of this exercise while exploring too.LOL


                     Thought I would show you the comparison of Jim against the scenery.:) 


                                        These huge rocks stood out to me. Had to take a pic.:)

 This pic and the ones below shows how small you are when next to these HUGE monster rocks.:)




This one is called Balanced Rock. It is actually a huge rock that is balanced on the two rock pillars and just nested against the mountain on the side towards you ..that you can't see from this pic. I didn't stay there very long.LOL


 This is Fat Man's Squeeze. You come across it while walking the trails and you have to actually turn sideways in a couple of spots in order to get through.Well..WE did turn sideways.I guess it depends on just how fat you are.LOL


No ..I did NOT go out on this ledge!!! Jim told me he was going to go out there and climb over the side of the railing. Here he is PRETENDING to do it. Silly Man!! Okay..I admit..I do not appreciate heights and especially man made objects jutting out over the edge of the world!
 

                      This is another view of the edge of the world and people looking down. Yikes!

 This is the incredible view we had while lunching on BBQ pork sandwiches and fries.mmm


I will try to post pics of the Tennessee trip to the Aquarium soon.

Thanks for stopping in and please don't leave without saying hi.:)

Hugs,
Valinda

2 comments:

Judy said...

wow sounds so awesome ...so glad you got away and had fun...you deserve it my friend. Can't wait to see more pics.

hugs and thanks for sharing.

smiekeltje said...

This trip looks really awesome! LOVE the panorama view Jim mad. And brrrrrr, I don't think I would like to be at that edge, hanging over with a LOT of free space under it.
Splendid you had such a great trip and enjoyed it so much. Anxious to see some other photos!
Have a fantastic day and rest of the week.
Hugs
Kyra