Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mojo Monday # 229


Well...as it worked out..I had a little free time to make a card today. Christy went to spend the day with Robby and Liz. :) Christy had to work until noon and went to their house right from work. We have another Birthday coming up ..so I thought I would get ahead a bit and make the card. Lexi ( middle grand daughter) is a leap year baby. This year..she will only be three if we go by the day instead of the year.LOL She is actually gonna be twelve. She sure is growing up fast.:)

The color is a bit dark on this card. Not very good lighting.:( The sentiment and the candle background is actually an off white in color. The paper and strips are from DCWV The Celebration Stack. I love this pack for festive designs.:) I used decorative scissors for the bottom of the strips. Thought it needed something to spice it up a bit.:) I used a red cardstock and a Cuddlebug embossing folder with a cup cake design for one of the papers. The sentiment is a stamp from Studio G....which I raised with some pop dots. The green gems are from the bag of gems Christy gave to me. The ribbons are from Micheal's Craft store and were, I believe, on sale 3/$1.00.

Thanks for stopping by again.:)

Hugs,
Valinda

5 comments:

Judy said...

Awesome you did it what an awesome card love it it so fiesta. Have a great week .

Hugs

Samantha said...

Beautiful! So Happy to see you are feeling much better and that you are getting some time to craft.

I think you did a fabulous job on your Mojo

smiekeltje said...

Hello Val,

Long time no visit, LOL! Thanks for always leaving a little word in my comment box!
Love the Mojo card 228 best, I think. Looks gorgeous.
It seems you are feeling better at the moment?
If so, hoorray for that and keep it this way!
Slowly heading towards spring, can't wait till we can sit a bit in the sun again.
Have a great week,
Hugs
Kyra

Mrs. Miles said...

Hi Valinda,

Your card is beautiful - even if you say it needs some color correcting, we would not know if you did not say ;) I think its cool you have a leap year baby in the family!

Sounds like you've been busy, I've been more than more than. Its the middle of the night, I can't sleep and its snowing so I'm taking advantage of these quiet and precious hours to visit my blog friends and family.

Love you,
Barb

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, I love the multicolours ribbons.