Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mojo Monday #195


I am about to catch up on the Mojo Monday cards.:) Hope to be ALL caught up before Sunday night so I can enter into the contest before closing.I don't ever expect to win..but LOVE to see all the entries anyway. VERY inspiring.:)

This is a close up of my card.They always look nicer in person.:) I made the leaves and flowers from card stock papers I got from Micheal's craft store. I inked the flowers to add some texture to them. I stamped the birthday cake which included the candles and colored them with colored pencils (Prismacolor Verithin) The Happy Birthday stamp and the birthday cake stamps were from stamps I got in the dollar bin at Micheal's too.
I folded the center paper to add dimension to it and now wish I had just left it alone... because It looks unfinished on the edges and I had to glue them down...which really spoiled the effect I was looking for.LOL
I see a few tweaks I need to do to straighten the ribbon etc...I will do that before I use it.:) I must really love these colors too because I had already started this one and before finishing it..did the Pooh card next...then back to this one today.:)
I feel better about catching up anyway...even if it was backwards.:)

Thanks so much for stopping in and leaving such sweet comments for me.I truly appreciate it!!


Hugs,
Valinda

6 comments:

Mrs. Miles said...

Well look at THIS Mrs. Valinda. What a juicy and gorgeous card you made.

Love all the little bling on it and the blossoms. Bling and blossoms, thats sure to put a smile on anyone's face. Great JOB!

I bet you'll catch up on mojo soon.

I wish you and Jim and family a fabulous holiday weekend.

♥ Barb

smiekeltje said...

Hello Val!
You sound already much better, so hope you also do feel better after your accident! And now poor Jim isn;t feeling all to well!! Time for you to pamper your great guy a bit ROFL!
Have a wonderful weekend, to you all lots of quick recovery wishes, may all bugs and soar spots leave your bodies quickly!
Hugs
Kyra

Judy said...

wow you are catching up fast ..I best get my butt in gear...hope to have a mojo up today. Have a great day ...

hugs

Berniek said...

Hi Valinda,
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I totally bought that Canada kit to told about! :D Scrapped a great page about last years Canada day.
I like your blog btw! My sisters and mother are totally into card making, but then fully paper&glue. It fun the see all of it combined in your work!
Thanks again and have a great sunday.

Samantha said...

Beautiful card Valinda! you did an amazing job and i have to say "look at you go" catching up on all the Mojo's. :)
Well i am afraid i didn't get mine done this past week as i just couldn't get into cards this week. So i guess i will have to see what this week holds for me.
Well looking forward to seeing your mojo this week...i am sure it will be as beautiful as all of your others.
Hope you had a great weekend!

Hugs

Notes by Nina said...

It is fabulous Valinda :) love the soft colours.