Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mojo#190




Finally got my Mojo Monday card done.I tried something new.Metal tape.:) I embossed it with my Fiskar's Embossing set.Christy used acrylic black paint to fill it in and then wiped it off before it dried so it would just fill in the cracks and look antique. I chose to do a couple of things differently from the sketch.I put the sentiment on the middle of the card and not on the bottom right. Christy also made the paper rose a while back and gave it to me.I made the leaves from the paper in the background.
My Mom and sister had given me a bunch of buttons when I first started scrap booking and I was able to get a couple of cute black ones..even one was already black and white.How COOL is that?:) I just laced a thin black ribbon to it and tied a tiny bow.:) The two on the sides I just laced really thin silver wire ribbon and attached a glue dot to keep them in place.
The corners are made with the metal tape too and in person..they match the metal tape strip in the center of the card. The tiny metal heart spray,the word "LOVE".... and the shimmering dove are from Big Lots.They are for throwing on the table to decorate for weddings.I found several bags for different occasions..Valentine's day...baby shower...etc for only one dollar a bag.
The word art is from Faith Sisters.
As usual..the papers are from my loose stacks.I have no idea who makes them.So Sorry!!

Thanks for stopping in and please don't leave without saying hi.:)

Hugs,
Valinda

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Great job! It's nice when you can put 2 heads together isnt it?
I don't want to take anything away from your talent but i do have to say your daughter is very talented in so many ways to. Her flower is beautiful.

Thank-you so much for your wonderful comment and your right late is better then never :)

Hope you are having a great week!

Hugs

Judy said...

love the card and yes how true through Him all things...way to go girl...still trying to get a card done ..not tonight..maybe tomorrrow


hugs