Friday, March 25, 2011

Birdhouse Card :)


I thought I would try my hand at a new card...and my first attempt at paper flowers.I got the idea from my good friend
  • Barb
  • . She sent us to You tube to see a "how to" video.Just type in "making paper flowers" or something like that.LOL There are soo many different kinds and I know this won't be my last attempt at making them.:) Thank you Barb..for sharing!
    First I folded the card stock in half in preparation of the card.Then I measured the size of the roof.I cut that out ..and then cut a hole in the front of the card.Then decorated the outside of the card. I used my bird on a limb stamp for the inside.I stamped it on white card stock and then cut around it with decorative scissors..so when you look inside the card....it's decorative too.I stamped the stamp and at first it seemed too dark so I just stamped it again to lighten the bird on a limb and I like the way it turned out.:) Oh..for the leaves with the flower... I just folded some green card stock in half and cut the leaves out from that...added a little darker green for the edges and glued them on.
    Wish you could see the card on this side of the camera.It's a lot brighter.:)

    Credits:
    Papers=DCWV The Celebration Stack- The background paper glitters.You prolly can't tell from the pic.:)
    Ribbon= Sugar n Spice
    Gem= Bag of Gems Christy(DD) gave to me.
    Font= Melanie

    Thanks again for stopping in and thanks for saying hi before you leave.I LOVE your visits.:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    2 comments:

    Notes by Nina said...

    Fabulous, I love it. What a great idea, the colours are perfect too. Love the flower :)

    Judgirl said...

    girl you have been busy...love the colors and the little bird ...have a great weekend.

    hugs