Monday, March 07, 2011

Another card...am lovin this!!:)


I came across
  • Luna Rosa's
  • blog while browsing the scrapbook sites this week and found the CUTEST kit called "Hootenanny".It's a freebie ..but not sure how long it will be available..cause Luna Rosa is closing down her blog.Evidently she has gotten fed up with the theft etc of her designs. There are several CUTE kits she is offering until she calls it final.Better hurry!!
    I used her designs to make this card.I took her digital designs and printed them onto cardstock.The tree I left on white cardstock and cut a rectangle to fit on my card.I edged it with brown ink...slightly. Then I cut out the pink owl and the sign.They weren't together.Then I used a font called "Melanie" and wrote the wordart on it.Printed it out and cut it out and thought to use it as a perch for the CUTE owl. I took some of my artificial flowers and used the back of some of them for the whites of the eyes and I already had a pack of different sized eyes and I used a glue dot for each one to attach them to the flower.I LOVE the way this turned out and I just happened to have some hearts with the word "me" on them already.How COOL is that?:)

    Stay tuned for this weeks Mojo Monday ..haven't started it yet..but ...there's still time before next Monday...so far anyway.LOL

    3 comments:

    Notes by Nina said...

    How cute is that :) I love it. Thank you Valinda for coming to visit my blog, even though I am horrible at making it back to yours. Your comments always make me smile.. so thank you.

    Samantha said...

    Your card is wonderful. It is adorable. Looking forward to seeing if you were able to do a Mojo card (meaning time of course) :)

    Judgirl said...

    love the owls ...who who is so cute..waiting to see your Mojo card. Have a great day ..I will check back to SEE...


    hugs