Saturday, January 22, 2011

Thought I would finally update my blog.:)

Jim and I just returned Wednesday from a trip to see his folks in Florida. We left Atlanta on Friday afternoon and stopped in Valdosta to sleep in a Hotel overnight and continue the rest of the trip the next morning.We have found that breaking up the trip may take a little longer..but it sure is an easier trip for the two of us.:) We do the same thing on the return trip too.

Jim's Mom and Dad look a lot better than they did the last time we were there (right after Dad's heart attack). We only stayed for three days...but got a lot of visiting done in that amount of time.:) Got to see Jim's sister and hubby and a long time family friend too. A fast trip to the flea market and then headed home from there...with a stop overnight.

We cleaned the garage out Thursday and headed to the dump with a small truck load of junk. Then had a pile of things for the thrift store. We took that to them yesterday..then spent a little while looking around the store before calling Jimmy and Christy to meet us at El Nopal's Mexican Restaurant for lunch.Then Jim and I went grocery shopping.Came home and put all of it away..watched a movie etc and I sure was ready for a good night's sleep after that.:)

Jim and I made breakfast this morning.Christy wanted sausage gravy and biscuits and eggs. Poor Christy has caught a cold.:( Her glands in her throat are swollen and she has fever.If she wants sausage gravy and biscuits and eggs...she can have them.:) We enjoyed them too.hehe

I guess pictures will have to come at a later time.I still have lots to do to catch up around the house.:)

Thanks for stopping in.:)

Hugs,
Valinda

7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Good to hear it is much better with Jim's dad and mom.
Seems you had a lovely time there, busy, but in a nice way. You are right to break a long trip into two. My parents and I did that too when we went on vacation. Better arrive a bit later, but not exhausted!
Oh whee, arriving home you did rest on your bottoms LOL.
Hope Christy is feeling a little bit better!
Have a lovely day
Hugs
Kyra

vw bug said...

Florida! That's where I live! Did you enjoy the heat? BTW, want to stop and clean my garage next time? ;-) Glad to see you posting again.

Judgirl said...

oh you are back hurray...missed you so. Glad to hear Jim's dad is doing better ...God is good. OK now I know who to phone when I am sick ...Christy girl you are so loved. Get better soon. Val you and Jim take care to. Well Val have a great Tuesday.

Hugs

Mrs. Miles said...

Good Gracious Valinda, you and me are on a bizzy tizzy sounds like. Glad your visit went well and I have enjoyed connecting with you.

Just stopped in between 10 mins on the treadmill, getting my computer sweated up, better go finish off the workout. Will talk to ya soon.

Love,
Barb

Judgirl said...

Happy Birthday Girl...I know that family of yours is spoiling you rotten ...God Bless

hugs

Chanin said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I truly appreciate it! Have a great day!

Chanin
http://chaninscorner.blogspot.com

Lainey said...

Happy Birthday, Valinda! I'm glad that it snows less here in Florida than Atlanta.