Saturday, August 21, 2010



Jim and I got our pond back up and running.Mostly Jim though...cause those rocks are HEAVY.:)
We had a leak for a while and every time he would try to figure out where it was coming from..he couldn't tell..until recently. He saw that the black plastic liner had slipped too far forward from under the big waterfall rocks...and the water was going behind the rocks and into the ground instead of into the small stream then back into the pond.See all that ivy in the lower left corner of the top two pics? There is actually a very small pond in the middle of it.All this ivy started from one small start from the ivy around my Sister and BIL's fish pond.LOL Makes great ground cover if you don't cut it back..and you can share with your neighbors too.hehe JK.:)
We are waiting for cooler weather before we tackle more of the concrete in the back yard. It's just too hot for such hard labor.

Thanks for stopping by !!

Hugs,
Valinda

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh gosh, that's really looking good, the pond and little stream.!! Must have been a terrible work to do! Ha, ivy!!!! Sometimes can be great, sometimes it is a little pain in the a......!!! I have ivy, was planted by the former owners of my house, and it's great as cover for the fence, bt it takes over so easily so we have to cut it back often.
So the cleaning virus is spreading all around??? LOL! For a moment it has stopped with us.
You asked me if we have ratllesnacks here??????? NO VAL! LOL. The most dangerous species of snakes we have here is the viper, but it's poisoness, and when you have a bite from it, you definately should go to a hospital within a short time!!! But that normally only lives in other parts of Holland more on heather grounds. So concerning the blackberries, no need to make more sound than you do normally, hahaha.
Though we do have rattlesnacks, by the way. But you only can find them in the zoo. And that's okay, I am not very much liking snakes. And for a garden person I have a strange dislike: worms, yak! I know there are necessary and they can live around, but I HATE it to touch them. And I am not much a spider person too. When I come to think of it I don't like much the creepy stuff, LOL!
We had another great walk yesterday, I will tell more about it tomorrow on my blog. Have a wonderful Sunday, thanks for your comment, I tried to return the favour with an equal length now LOL.Hugs, Kyra

Judgirl said...

oh Val and Jim it is beautiful...so when we come to do our back yard ...you two can visit and help out(don't I wish)..it looks amazing ...what a place to sit and relax and just be. You and Jim have a wonderful week and it is starting to cool down ...so I can wait to see the next pictures. Love and miss you ..hope to chat soon...when all the set up is done and there is time in my day.

Hugs

Judy