Thursday, April 08, 2010

A poem I wrote just now.:)

The Cross

There's nothing pretty about the

cross my Savior"Christ" hung from.

At the very beginning of time he knew

the reason he had to come.

Our blackened sin he had to wear for

all the world to see.

Tis the only way that he could truly

set his people free.



The beauty of the cross is this..that

LOVE was hanging there.

And on that cross we all could see

his compassion EVERYWHERE.

His determination to do the will of

his Father was very strong.

He wanted to take his children home

where they do all belong.


So when you think of that cross and

the shame our Savior bore...

think THIS... that our sins are

gone.. to be remembered never more.


Poem Written by:
Valinda Johnson 4-8-10

5 comments:

Ms Kittie said...

Thank you for share your poem. I would like to post it on a Christian group if that would be okay with you. Please let me know.

Suzi said...

That's beautiful, Val. You have many talents.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Morning Val!!!!!!!!
Not doing to bad except Monday my knee gave out when I was cleaning out my front flowerbed & thank goodness I feel in the dirt & not on the stone part or I'd really be in trouble, so now I'm sore & a little black & blue but I got the front bed done except for taking the leafblower over the stones to get rid of the leaves!!!!!!
I even have the side drive way bed a third done & I've decide that since the iris there are popping out of the ground I'm going to dig them up & split them up & plant in the front flowerbeds!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE YOUR POEM!!!!!!!!!!!!
TY so very much for sharing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HUGE GIANT HUGS

Judgirl said...

wow Val...beautiful poem I bet the Lord was smiling from ear to ear ...girl. Sorry I am so late posting ..just been one of those kinds of week. Sending lots of love and hugs your way.

hugs
judy

xashee's corner said...

Hi Val! i LOVE the poem!! GREAT job! Thank you for sharing it and a Happy (early) Birthday to your mama too! she looks so young & happy! :D
my DH got the (doll)house done and we have started wallpapering and laying floors too! hehe it has been so much fun!
i will post more as we progress, so i hope you stop by often to check it out! hugs!! :D