Tuesday, October 27, 2009



This is an oldie but goodie.I can remember listening to B.J. Thomas years and years ago and falling in love with my Lord..deeper and deeper.I LOVE Evie songs too.More oldies but really goodies.:)

There REALLY is a deeper walk with the Lord.He REALLY is a "personal" Savior and a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.For those of us who have developed that personal relationship ..we wouldn't trade that closeness for ANYTHING! It all starts with BELIEVING him and in him.What he says IS "truth".I'm not trying to say I have arrived at the ultimate closeness..but as Paul the Apostle says..

Phillipians 3:

12Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

I wish I could let you inside my life for just a couple of minutes to let you see how the Lord has changed me through the years and brought me into a closer relationship with him. It hasn't always been an easy ride getting to where I am now. I like to call it "growing pains".It hurts some as we grow..but eventually we become adults and are ready to walk side by side with our Savior on the same wave link with ONE mind. That being..to spread the good news..that Christ died for ALL...and is offering a "freebie" to all of those who will accept it.:) You don't have to work for it..you don't have to do anything except..BELIEVE in your heart. How easy is that?:)
I wouldn't feel right if I hadn't at least mentioned this on my blog one time.:) The closer I become with my Lord the more I want others to have this experience.! You can laugh..or scoff all you want at me...but I KNOW..that I KNOW..that I KNOW...what I am talking about.:)

Hugs,
Valinda

1 comment:

Judgirl said...

it is so true what the Lord offers is free to us ...it is a case of believing ..opening our hearts. And the Lord opens the doors to eternal life. That His Son)His only Son) died for us all . Thanks so much for share Val ...God Bless you and your family...

hugs
Judy