Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Today's post is a sad one for me.I have been keeping up with my dear friend,Jill through emails and her blogs.Her dear husband of thirty four years passed away last month from cancer.She had a blog to keep those closest to her in touch and up to date with the progression of his illness.I had the honor of being one of those she chose to share with.
Now it is with great sadness that I have to tell you that Jill..herself..went to be with our Lord last Tuesday,July 7th.I was in total shock as I am sure some of you are ..reading this.She had an illness that came on suddenly and now ..almost a month to the day her hubby went to be with the Lord...she joined him.She was and still is a dear friend and I shall miss her tremendously until we can all fellowship together in our heavenly home.

For those of you who are wondering which Jill I am talking about.She is the one with the blogs...

Stuff by Jill

At the well

and

Salem daily photos

These links are in my sidebar and you won't see any updates on them.I put the names here so you will know who I am talking about.

Jill loved the Lord with all her heart and she and her husband were used wonderfully by him.Evidently their work is completed and now is the time for rejoicing.:)

Until we meet again my friend!!

Love and hugs,
Valinda

4 comments:

Suzi said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Val. I knew who Jill was. A wonderful person, but now she's with the Lord and all will be well again. Thanks for letting us know. I hope all is well with you and know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

smiekeltje said...

Oh Vlinda, what a terribly sad news! With the illness of Jill's husband you could prepare yourself a bit for that sad day he passed away but now Jill also joined the Lord, just short after her husband. Sometimes the ways of the Lord are mysterious and not to understand for us, which it makes it even harder to cope with.
I truly hope they are both joined now in a much better place, and wish you a lot of strenght these days. You'll miss your friend which was so close to you, but you will keep her in your heart and will always be a little part of you.
Thinking of you,
hugs
Kyra

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

HUGE GIANT HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know you can use them right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about checking my blog for some GRAND news to make you smile!!!!!!!!
Guess what I finally got to my flower bed out back & this morning I'll be planting in it & may add a few more after that!!!!!!!!!!
HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Good Morning Sweety!!!!!!!!!
Just popping in to let you know I put another LO up yesterday using KimB & Gaye's collab kit that I just had to buy!!!!!!!! LOL
Its a ADORABLE kit called Toof Fairy!!!!!!!!!!!
HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!