Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Some Easter Pics

Here are the Easter baskets for our granddaughters.Don't you just love that monkey bunny in the center?LOL What will they think of next?:)

We had an Easter egg hunt in the livingroom cause the girls were being bothered by bees outside. All they had to do is see one.LOL This is Carrie and Lexi.

Jimmy (DS) got the girls some of the cutest furry chicks and when you set them in the palm of your hand..they actually chirp.Soo cute!! This is our youngest granddaughter,Destiny with Jim.(who has decided to grow his beard back) hehe Can you tell he really LOVES this shirt?? I think he is wearing it in all the pics I have of the holidays. Do you have a favorite clothing item you like to wear and it's almost worn out?

Here's our Easter dinner. Well..not all of it but this is a great start! I LOVE a good hamburger and there is nothing like a hot dog cooked on the grill.!!:) We had the whole immediate family plus Liz's sister and my Mom over for Easter dinner.Robby and his family brought side dishes..Mom brought dessert...a beautiful and yummy cream cake.mmm.:) We had potato salad..maccaroni salad..baked beans..and all the hamburger trimmings and relish for the hot dogs etc. and an array of chips.We started our morning with a bible study...to honor the Lord and the great gift he has given us.The true meaning of Easter.:)

This is Christy's(DD) cat Meowse.She is on my keyboard wondering what that chick is doing on her stomping grounds.LOL That's my keyboard in the dining room.I keep a towel over it to keep the grease from the kitchen off of it. Jim is trying to learn to play it.He wants to learn how to play it with the chords..like a regular piano.I use the easy play options and have a blast.LOL
I hope you all had a great Easter and I would love to hear/read what you did and how you were blessed.:)
Thanks for looking!

Hugs,
Valinda

8 comments:

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Morning Val!!!!!!!!
Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter!!!!!!
Derrick stopped by with Kayla for a visit while Missy was visiting her Mom in the hospital!!!!!
HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Miles said...

Hello Valinda!

I'm back... well sort of, and will hook up with you at some point.

Looks like you had a terrific Easter - the kind that builds family memories!

Yes, my Mr. has a couple of wear-to-death favorites himself ROTFL! But I'm SORT of the same... I could live in a 'skort' and t shirt all the months that don't feature snow. Long as my feet are warm I'm good to go.

Thanks for sharing your weekend!

Love Ya,
~ Barb

Judgirl said...

wow beautiful pics ...looks like an awesome time had by all ...and lots of chocolate goodies. Hope to chat to you over the next few days
have a great week...

hugs

xashee's corner said...

oh my, those Easter baskets look WONDERFUL! And YES i LOVE the monkey bunny!! lol CUTE!!
i cannot remember the last time we cooked outside, since living in the dry desert! i MISS it! your bbq looks sooo inviting!! :)
Sounds like you had a FANTASTIC Easter!! Thank you so much for sharing AND for your SWEET visits too!! Have an AWESOME day! :)

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Morning Val!!!!!!!!!
My Sinusitis is better!!!!!!!
I was out yesterday morning for about 2 hours cleaning leaves from around my orange snow fence so Jace can take it down & I can get into the flower bed to start working!!!!!! LOL
I loved being outside but my allergies didn't!!!!!! LOL
My oldest son was here too & working on getting rid of some of the srubs so I have less to work around & my one bed where the HUGE Lilac is so I can do away with the big bed!!!!!!!!!
Of course he got all the srubs out except for the lilac he needs a better chain to hookup to his truck to pull it out by its roots!!!!!!!!
Hes coming today again & bringing Kayla!!!!!!
HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Census (aka Cen aka June.S) said...

Looks like you had lots of fun!!
I love that monkey bunny!!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Morning Val!!!!
TY for stopping by!!!!!
I've a new LO up but its not of Kayla!!!!! LOL
I 've done one for Derrick & Missy!!!
I sure cant believe that 1 year ago they became huband & wife!!!!!!! LOL
HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Miles said...

valinda - I'M ALIVE I'M ALIVE lol! Be patient with me my friend. I MISS you like cwazee and will email you VERY soon. So much to catch up on with you but got to run now

love ya
Barb