Sunday, March 15, 2009

Not a virus..just bad hard drive.:)

Jim told me I needed to get on here and let you all know that it wasn't a virus that destroyed my new hard drive..he said he is almost positive it was a bad drive that just happened give out on me. He is gonna see if we can get a new one from the HP company since it is still under warranty.In the meantime..he has installed one for me so I can use my puter!!YAY!:) THe puter hard drive was only a little over a month old...but he said they sometimes go bad that quickly.Sure am glad I didn't have time to fill it up.LOL

Thanks for your comments and well wishes!!:)

Hugs,
Valinda

5 comments:

Judgirl said...

glad to hear everything is back and ok ...I am sure HP will send you a new harddrive. Maybe they will be nice and make it aa bigger hard drive ..hehehe.
nice to know you are going to be here...would of missed you so

hugs

judy

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Morning Val!!!!
So good to see you bak on your own puter!!!!!!!
Now you can go check my blog since I've to new post with LO's but not Kayla this time!!!!!! LOL
HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Census (aka Cen aka June.S) said...

Glad to hear it wasn't a virus but what bad luck for it to go so soon. I am sure they will need to give you a replacement on this.
Jim is a treasure!! I wish he lived next door to me..mind you, if you lived next door we could have great fun hitting the thrift shops together too!! Lol!!
I love your latest vase, it is unique!! An other great find.
Hugs
June

Anonymous said...

We have experienced the same problem with hard drives. We found that there is not enough air flow in general inside the computer cases so we installed additional fans to keep the internal temperature down. We have had much better results. Good luck. ~ Wendy

Mrs. Miles said...

Thank GOODNESS its not a virus after all. And how wonderful is your Jim - he's just so handy! What doesn't he do, my friend?

I hope you continued to have a blessed and busy day, I'll look for you later, gator!

Muah!