Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mama's 80th Bday pics

This is my Mama.She will be eighty years old on April 15th.
Doesn't she look fantastic??:)

Here's the pretty cake our friend ..Mindy made for the occasion.Isn't it soo pretty?:)

I wanted to show you something....the candles are burning different colors.Look closely at the flames. The pic is dark ..cause we turned the lights out to do this part.:) Click on the preview for a closer look.!! :) I don't know if you have seen these kind of candles before..but this was a new experience for some of us..and we were really impressed.Doesn't take much.LOL

Some of you know that my brother,his wife and their youngest son came up for a few days.They came to my sister's house on Sunday and got there around eleven.My sister had made plans to celebrate my Mom's eightieth birthday this weekend (Sunday) since we could have the whole family together for it.All her kids were there..My two older brothers...my baby sister and me.I am the third child.They say three times is charm.hehe JK.:) Anyway..the SURPRISE was successful.:) Mom had no idea all of us were gonna be there.She knew my brother was coming up..but had no idea this was going on behind her back.:) Especially this much in advance.My sister made meatball sandwiches and had individual packets of assorted chips in a big wicker basket.She also had veggies and dip and some little smokie sausages with cheese cubes on toothpicks to snack on.She got a big metal tub (like you use for dunking for apples) and filled it with assorted colas and surrounded them with crushed ice cubes. Cake and ice cream for dessert. Not one of us went home hungry.:) It was a lot of fun seeing the siblings all together again.:)
We have been invited to go to Mom's this evening to finish off the meatballs.Yay! I don't have to cook!!!LOL

Now to get out there and say Hi to some of you before you forget I exist.LOL I really have been soo busy lately.:)

8 comments:

Mrs. Miles said...

WOW Valinda, your Mom looks INCREDIBLE for 80. Are you SURE she's that age? I'd demand to see her driver's licence, myself. LOL!

N'way! WHERE did you get those candles... they are so cool! Your friend did a terrific job on the cake and its always SO much nicer to have a homemade cake than a store bought. Are there 80 candles on there?

Your sister's sandwhiches sound NUMMY and what a great idea to put them in a basket. Your Mom must have been so touched to have everyone home and to be surprised.

I'll look forward to connecting with you today! Did you save a piece of cake for meeeeee?

~ Barb

xashee's corner said...

Your mother looks FANTASTIC for 80! and it sure sounds like a GREAT time! OH MY GOODNESS those candles are AWESOME!!! oh we HAVE to find some of THOSE! hehe the cake sure is PRETTY! :) that is one thing i have YET to try, cake decorating! i use to stand in on the Wilton cake decorating classes when i was a craft manager and it looks like a BLAST! :)
Thank you for your visit and SWEET comment too! oh and i don't think we are suppose to pop either! HAHAHA ow! oww! don't make me laugh! HUGS to you, my friend and thanks again, cuz you really gave me a good belly laugh! :) have a FANTASTIC day! :)

Judy said...

Happy 80th Birthday to your Mum and she looks fabulous for her age. What is her secret?

Love those candles...how cool. The cake looked good.....now I feel like some cake LOL and its 7.49am here.

Suzi said...

Wow! You've got some good genes there, girl! She looks fantastic for almost 80! Aren't Moms great??? I've had a bit of drama myself, but things are going o.k. I love the colored candles! I've seen them, but never lit :) I'm SO glad you all got to get together. It means SO much to Moms! I'm trying REAL hard to blog, and I'm doing a half decent job. :)
(((hugs)))
Suzi

smiekeltje said...

Hi Valinda,
I say, your Mom looks FANTASTIC! I immediately sign up for looking THAT good at my 80th(if I ever make it, you'll never know). Happy to read you all had such a fun time together. It's a blessing when families do come along and keep the ties with some love!
Thanks for popping in and leaving some comment. Always love to read your lines and often make me laugh!! Take care and hugs,

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Good morning Val!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow that cake & candles are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
Wish your Mom a HAPPY BIRTHDAY for me!!!!!!!!!!!!
So glad she was surprised!!!!!!! LOL
HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW...Your mom looks Fantastic....And what a very nice Surprise for her....My Family did the same thing for my 70th in Oct....My Sisters came and brought my Mom (90 yrs 0ld) and all my kids and their families were there....It is just so special to do that for your mom..And your sister making that wonderful meal.....And I'd like to know the name of that brand of candles...How Neat......

Judgirl said...

wow your mom is beautiful ...80 wow ...those candles are awesome ... must found some.
Glad you and some family got together ...family things are so awesome and mean a lot . Well have a great day.

Hugsssss
Jud