Friday, March 13, 2009

Hard Drive went Kaput!!:(

Just stopping in to let you know...I think I got that virus everyone has been talking about.It totally wiped out my new hard drive. Jim tried to fix it and even tried to reformat it and no go..it won't repair. It was a 500 gbt. too.:( Fortunately ...I have been backing up most of my designs and dwnlds.YAY! Jim said he is gonna replace it with a smaller drive for me to just keep the system operations on and then I can keep the other things I want to save...on disks or external drives. I lost my recent bookmarks though.I hadn't thought of copying those but I do have the older ones on a disk.Can you tell this has happened to me before?LOL

I am using Jim's puter now to post this...but wanted to let you know to be sure to back up your files and don't forget your bookmarks too.:)

I will be around... just not as often.:)

Hugs,
Valinda

5 comments:

Mrs. Miles said...

THANK YOU for the reminder, Valinda. I will do just that today, I think. I have TWO EHD'S so I'll do both PLUS i back up monthly to dvd, but have not done so for Feb yet.

I will peek online for you today, but my man has PLANS for me, and not all romantic ROTFL!

~ Love, Barb

smiekeltje said...

Gosh Val, it did happen to you!! Poor thing! Must be an aweful feeling, gone the harddisc of 500 mg. Good you had a lot on discs, I always want to do it, but never come to it. Pushing my luck, I guess. Hope Jim can fix it so far for you, you can go on. And if not? Better not think about it. I'll cross my fingers for you!
Hugs

Marfa (Formula For A Life) said...

Hi VJ, I found your blog on my friend KittyJo's blog: From God's Perspective. I have read several posts already and I think it is such a lovely blog that I'm adding it very soon to my Favorite's Blogs list. The look of the blog is beautiful. I think that your mamma looks awesome for any age. Your grandniece is a very pretty little girl and you did a fantastic job with that photo, wow!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Good morning Val!!!!!!!
So sorry to hear about your hard drive!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you manage to get everything straightened out!!!!!!!!!
I've another LO up on my blog of Kayla!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HUGE GIANT HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judgirl said...

yes back up ..must do ..thanks for sharing ...sorry about the hard drive ..but for reminding me how important it is to backup. Val do you have a place where one might chat to you ...would love to chat some days if possible ...


have a great weekend

hugs

judy