Thursday, January 22, 2009

Valjs Qp 1-21-09 plus Layout

I finished a layout this morning of Christy (DD) when she was about two years old.She is thirty two years old now and when this picture was made..I had it done at Kmart.Over the years..and it didn't take long at all...the photo started yellowing really bad.I was soo disappointed.Back then we were just younguns ourselves and couldn't afford the expensive photo's done in a studio.Anyway..I took the yellowed photo and made it black and white in PI 11. and then recolorized her dress with the purple.I made the background paper..not knowing I was gonna use it for this pic.It's a simple layout but I love it..cause Christy's cute little self is standing out for all to see.:) I am also offering the QP for anyone who may like to have it.Hope you like it.:)

Thank you ALL so much for your wonderful comments you have left for me.I am soo glad you like my stuff and I also want to thank you for your prayers.How sweet!:)

I haven't forgotten the wonderful awards you have given to me and as soon as I can I will post them.I am soo honored that you would add me to your list of receivers.:)

I have set today aside to clean out my closet.You really don't want to go there.LOL Then tomorrow I am babysitting Katlyn(great niece) again.Yay!! More pics.LOL She is a sweety and learning sooo fast.You have to watch what you are doing..cause she copies what you do.Soo cute!:) The last time I babysat her..she was playing on the floor with the toys and I got on my hands and knees and started crawling slowly around the coffee table towards her and telling her I was gonna get her.She jumped up..screamed and started running ..laughing.hehe..a few minutes later..I was sitting in the recliner and she came over..grabbed my hand and took me over to her toys and pointed to the floor.I was willing to sit and play with her ..but when I sat down to play..she went over to the other side of the coffee table..got onto her hands and knees and started crawling towards me real slow..naturally..I had to jump up and scream.LOL Oh to be a kid again.!!Nope..been there..done that.Hehe

Here's the link:
  • dwnldlink
  • 12 comments:

    Mrs. Miles said...

    Oh Valinda -

    Christy looks DARLING!!! You remind me to look back on some of our old photos. I actually have a wooden table that has a glass piece in the middle... it has a drawer underneath and I can put things or photos inside, kind of like a horizontal shadow box. Well, recently I put in all sorts of photos of Miles and I thru the years... as our anniversary is coming up and I wanted us to be able to look back and enjoy. No use having all this kept in storage!

    If you EVER have a photo you need retouched, I will do this for you. I'm a whiz at this stuff!

    You did a great job, though, all on your own, love the purple!

    I LOVE leaving you comments, if I lived closer they would be HUGS!

    I can see you 'furshilling' about in your closet sistah - NO! Throw that out... no no NO! I say no, that thing is older than your daughter, gwan and buy a new one, you're allowed. C'mon your Christy will take you out shopping. haha, am I helping? Well, you should go to my friend Betty's blog (link in my sidebar) for she will help you with sorting out your wardrobe ROTFL!

    Do you have pics of Christy at 2 and then Katlyn at the same age? Would be interesting to compare!

    awww - sounds like a fun game she invented for you. You're a GREAT gramma, in fact you can babysit when my kids start producing grandkids ok?

    Hope you have a very wonderful day & I'm still lifting up your needs, never fear.

    Love, Barb

    Terry & Dennis Macri said...

    Your paper crafting is lovely, You should go over to http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/
    and sign up, I am sure there are many people that would love to see your blog. It's beautiful.

    Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

    Valinda dearest, I can only apologize for it taking me THIS long to get over here to say HELLO and to thank you for ALL of your SWEET and KIND comments on my blog for what seems like FOREVER!

    I see that HAPPY BIRTHDAY'S are in order and I LOVE what you've done with your blog! HOW special and FESTIVE it is! Wishing y'all a VERY special day and the desires of ye hearts!

    Oh my goodness, have you ever taken me back some years. My oldest are both girls, one 31 and the other 29 and I have MANY K-Mart portraits (I worked there while pregnant with both of them!) and most are an ACKY red now! I have been able to clean them up pretty nicely and LOVE what you've done with Christy's!!! She is SO adorable and SWEET! Just like her mama!

    I was sitting here a few nights ago thinking how I cannot believe it has been THREE DECADES ago that I gave birth to my VERY first child! Another 30 years, God willing, I will be just a few years older than my mother is now! Mind boggling at times, isn't it? LOL!

    Have a GORGEOUS weekend ahead SWEET lady and I shall try to make sure and visit whenever I have a few minutes. I am still in recovery mode and hope to "get 'er done" this weekend. PHEW! I am SOOOO thankful for Mozy, but it takes a LONG time for 200+ GB's of data to be restored!!! I've not even touched the failed HD yet!

    BIG, BIG HUGS,
    Linda *hearts*

    Judgirl said...

    what a cute ..yes old pictures ...they warm your heart and bring back those moments. Love the layout. Well have fun tomorrow .

    hugs

    Digi Free said...

    Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 22 Jan [LA 09:00pm] - 23 Jan [NY 12:00am, UK 05:00am, OZ 04:00pm] ).

    Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

    Good Morning Val!!!!!!!!!!!
    TY so very much for this MARVELOUS QP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I seen it yesterday morning but didnt DL it because I was in a hurry!!! LOL
    Why? Because I finally got my baby groomed I wfinally find someone that comes into your home to groom & it only cost me $35!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope to get some pics later today!!!!!!!!!!!
    Since its Sat I hope you had a FUN day yesterday & know your pooped today!!!!! LOL
    HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Robbi and Mike said...

    Good Morning Val - Thank you for coming by my blog...I have been bad and just so busy. Also trying to stay away from the computer so much and get things done around here too. I love the pic of Christy, I too have many a photo from KMart of the girls. I just dont know where there are :(.
    Sounds like you are having a great time and getting some relaxation in too - that is good!
    Happy Birthday hugs are in order? Guess I need to read down further...hope everyone has a wonderful birthday!

    Take Care now and thank you for the adorable QP - Big Hugs!

    Angels Digi Scraps said...

    Hello There GF!
    I bet you thought I was joking about getting better at coming by huh? Especially since it's been awhile again. LOL. I'm telling you there's just not enough time in a day for me to do everything that needs to be done and still have time to do what I want to do. LOL. Ugh the life of a mother of a 2 1/2 yr old. LOL.

    Anyways I just wanted to stop by and say hello and see what you've been up to. Love the new QP's you've made. I'm glad to see that you are still doing that. I know how much you loved that.
    I better chase Lillie down and get some lunch. Take care and TTYS.
    Hugs,
    Jennifer

    xashee's corner said...

    LOVE your layout! such a SWEET photo! Thank you for the qp too! :D oh boy have you seen the One World One Heart giveaways? over 500 bloggers participating and still counting!! i have been seeing some dolls similiar to the ones your daughter does! OH HOW I WISH she would participate!! lol i would LOVE one of her creations! Anyways, stopping in to say hi! :D Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

    Hummie said...

    Oh, she is cute! It sure does look its time period. Great work on the recoloring.

    Angels Digi Scraps said...

    HI Valinda!!
    Wow this makes 3 stops for me, LOL. I just wanted to tell you thanks for the soil tip, and I think I know what you mean. It's compost and potting soil mixed together. That's what the nursery told me that I was going to have to do. I'm going to try it and see what happens. They also told me that I might have to build raised flowerbeds too. It would take lots of compost and potting soil to do raised flowerbeds like I want. One of these years I'm also going to put in a veggie garden and some fruit trees. The fruit trees need to be done asap, as it can take like 10 yrs for them to produce fruit. Ugh! LOL. I want fruit right now!! Hee hee.

    Anyways, I hope you had a great weekend, mine was busy like always and didn't get nothing done that I wanted to. LOL. I'll come see ya later in the week. :) I hope that you got the puter problems worked out.
    Hugs,
    Jennifer

    Anonymous said...

    Christy is adorable! I too have these photos of my children...
    I am now starting over to re-make baby and up...to wedding and a Grandchild book.
    Us too, we have so many faded photos, I don't know what happened between our childhood and our childrens! Things were expensive, and I wanted so bad to put our money into photos...no one else thought that was smart, I began to believe it :-o
    Now...I still have a passion for my photos...even a few nights of tears, but ta-da!! digital is here to stay!!! and we can make our old photos new again : )
    You did a great job!!
    We are about the same age - let us continue our mission!!
    Shar
    Thank you for the pretty QP!
    I am going to have to catch up on the lovely work you have been sharing - so kind of you!