Tuesday, January 27, 2009

So far ..so good..and more thrift store finds.:)

First..I wanted to show you an arrangement I made for my dining room table.I took the one I had made before apart and washed it all up..then made a whole new arrangement with the artificial flowers.Etc. I love using my thrift store finds in these too.The glass globe is one of them.I fill the globe with potpourri..then I will add some cute what nots to the arrangements or a candle inside of the globe..etc. and I think they turn out just as nice as some of those expensive ones you find at Michaels.:) I think I need a "do not light the candles" tag on them though.LOL I went through a phase where I had sooo many arrangements I was giving them away.LOL I have some pics of them and I may just show them to you if you would like to see them.:)

I couldn't resist this cute chick!! She's all puffy and has STITCHES.LOL Only $2.50.
Here is another item I couldn't resist.My dish towels will find a home on her if and when I find a spot on the wall for it.hehe Only $2.00.
I HAD to get this beautiful crystal (glass) candle holder for my Mom.She LOVES and collects crystal and also angels. Now would you have passed it by for $1.91?:) She is around six inches tall and heavy too. There is a candle holder behind her...the top of her head is a halo.
My most favorite find!!! An Oreo cookie jar.!!! If you keep up with my blog you will know I collect cookie jars and I could not resist this one at only $5.00. It was more than I usually spend on them..but It was in perfect condition and I just love it! See that big Oreo cookie for the handle and the milk splashing out of the cup? It could be ice cream and that would be even better.LOL

Well..Christy is waiting for me to go shopping with her.Guess what.....she wants to go to thrift stores to see if they have any weights. Cool!!!LOL

Thanks for looking!!

Hugs,
Valinda

7 comments:

Judy said...

Your flowwer arrangement is awesome anf that angel crystal figurine is just beautiful....I too would have bought that if I saw it first LOL. Would love to see your other floral arrangements.

Judgirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judgirl said...

wow what an awesome find ..that orea cookie jar looks perfect. Love the new arrangement...and the crystal angel wow....girl can I go thrift shopping with you. Well Val thanks for stopping by my blog and girl you have an awesome week ....

hugs & smiles

smiekeltje said...

Lovely arrangement, Val! You know what? We should be a good couple to go to thriftstores, I am such a person to, always on the look out for nice things for little money! It would be to the utmost despair of our husbands, I believe, Jan always is sighing when I show him something I found for a few bucks. The only thing he says most of the time is: "yes, I know, probably cheap, hmmm, only a few Euro?? Don;t we have enough stuff already??" So sometimes I just don;t show it right away and when needed e'g'for a present I "find" it suddenly. LOL. Have a nice shopping with Christy.
Hugs
Kyra

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Good morning Sweety!!!!!!!!!
Feeling little better today even if we have 4 inches of snow & expecting more along with freezing rain!!!!!!!!
Love your goodies & hope you were able to find some more yesterday!!!! LOL
Your like me with the silk flowers I do all my own arragements & usually stock up on them from the Dollar General & Walmart when I have extra money!!!!!!!!!
HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gail said...

KimB says it's your birthday - hope you have a VERY happy one!

LouCeeCreations said...

Barb told me it was your birthday. and Kim did too!
Happy Birthday Valinda, hope your day is special :)