Friday, August 01, 2008

Today is my sweethearts and my Anniversary.We have been married for thirty seven wonderful years.! You probably already know this next part if you have been reading my blog.LOL

I was thirteen and Jim was fourteen when we started going together. Our family moved across the street from his family. We would glance at each other all the time and he use to walk to the school bus stop that was closer to his friends. One day ..he started walking to the bus stop closer to our houses.hehe I was sitting on the bus and no one else was next to me at the time.He walked up to me and said "Do you mind if I sit here?" I of course said no ..I didn't mind. From that day on..he sat next to me on the bus and anywhere else I chose to sit.LOL We went through the stages of me wearing his class ring...pre-engagement ring..you know the rings with the little tiny diamond in them? Then one day ..Dec.19th..just before Christmas that year...he came home from work..came over to see me and gave me a beautiful kiss and a hug and asked me if I loved him? I said "yes" and then he asked me..."Enough to marry me?" I said "yes" and he pulled out a small jewelry box and it had an engagement ring in it. It was white gold with a single diamond in the center.(bigger than the pre-engagement ring..hehe) . The first thing I asked him..was ..is it real? LOL Cause my Mom had been telling me I couldn't get engaged yet...and what a cruel trick that would be for me to have to decide between obeying my Mom..or obeying my heart. Whew! I was only sixteen then.My birthday was the next month..Jan.28. I was torn between joy and sadness and all mixed up at once. What to do??? Then he laughed and told me that he and my Mom had gotten together and decided it was okay.LOL We planned a wedding for the following Aug.1...which was thirty seven years ago today!! :) If you did the math..I am 54 and he is 55.LOL

Happy Anniversary Jim! Thank you for sitting next to me!:)

7 comments:

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY VAL & JIM & MANY MANY MANY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the story Val
Have a AWESOME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HUGS for you BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justrenae said...

Happy anniversary to you. With all of the failures in this department I have just completely given up. I like the peace with just me and Zoey. When I read a story like yours, it just warms my heart. My grandmother and grandaddy have been married for 60 years.

I am so happy for you both, Valinda you are such a special person and deserve someone as special as Jim. You two have done something these days that is against all statistics and odds and that is just wonderful. You two are blessed to have one another!

Hugs and love to you both!!

Renae

Tammy Dunlap said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

belle007 said...

Happy Anniversary to the both of you, and many many more!

Robbi1 said...

Congratulations Val - You are so blessed to have found such a wonderful Soul-Mate. (Gosh you two are still babes!) DH and I are goin on 45 years next April. He will be 65 tomorrow and I will be 60 the following Saturday :) Hehehe. Thanks for coming by my blog and so glad you like my little QP freebie and Michaeles Zoo Spirit Kit, I had so much fun (I even made 2 more and had to make myself stop!) Continue to be Happy Val, Life is very short.
Big Hugs to you both.

Ms Kittie said...

Happy Anniversary. Thank you for sharing the story. It gives me hopes.

Georgia Girl said...

OMG....that was a romantic story!!!!! Happy Anniversary! Gosh, I`ve only been married 18 years, and sometimes I wonder if we`ll see the next! lol. Have a great one....