Thank you ALL sooo much for the fantastic comments you have been leaving for us.We sure appreciate your taking the time to let us know what you think.You are most welcome!
I had a busy day yesterday.Jim and I thought we needed to get another microwave cause ours had been tripping the fuse switch every time we used it. We bought a new 20 amp fuse and replaced it in the fuse box and then when the electricity still wouldn't work..Jim started taking apart the electrical sockets to check them out.When he got to the third one in the dining room..he noticed the plastic cover had some yellowing on it ..so he took it off too and we found out that the socket had burned in half and the plastic box around it had melted too.The screws were black from burning.I am soo glad that it didn't start a fire in the house.Jim took plastic wire covers and twisted them onto the exposed wires and is planning to get a new socket to replace that one today. The good news is..my microwave is still good.LOL Oh..and the house didn't burn down.hehe The house is around sixteen years old and there is no reason that the socket was faulty.Jim thinks us plugging things in and out of it may have caused it to short out.The thing is..I hardly EVER use that one.It's on the opposite side of the dining room and the only one who uses it is Jimmy when he vacuums for me. I just use a central plug in and it reaches pretty much wherever I need to go.Anyway..you may want to check your socket covers to see if there is yellowing around the outside.Can't hurt..right?
Here is the link: