Sunday, May 25, 2008

About Office (desk) Chairs :)

I had an experience yesterday morning that I could have done without.:) I stretched and leaned back in my office chair and it toppled backwards with me. My shoulder hit Jim's (DH's) desk corner..behind me and I slid on down to the floor.In the process of trying to grab anything to help soften my fall..I grabbed the slideout drawer that my keyboard and mouse sit on (it was the nearest thing to grab) and it came on out the whole way and hit me in the mouth.Bummers! My tooth went through my top lip and my bottom tooth almost went through the bottom lip.Needless to say I am rather sore this morning and I have a swollen mouth.Christy said it looks like I have had a stroke on that side of my mouth.It is swollen even more this morning and my back and neck muscles are sore.So..I am gonna relax and heal for a couple of days.:)

Jim and I went out to find a new desk chair for me and we found out that I am not the only one that has had the desk chairs topple backwards on them.So I want to WARN YOU ...PLEASE be aware that this can happen.It's no fun and if you are alone in the house you could have a real problem if it happens to you.

I am not looking for sympathy..but will take it if given.LOL I just want you to be safe.:)

Hugs,
Valinda

11 comments:

Sharon Kay said...

Oh you poor thing! That must have hurt so bad!!! I've had one slide out from under me as I went to sit down and didn't quite get on the chair enough....I konked the back of my head on the way down and then again on the floor...ended up with quite the headache. My son has fallen backwards from his chair too! I hope you can get the swelling down soon. {{hugs}}

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Morning Val!!!!!!
Please put some ice on your face to get that swelling down!!!!!!!
I learned the same thing a long time ago with mu chair!!!!
HUGE GENTLE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grammadiane said...

Bummer Val.....I bet you are really good and sore this morning....Good Idea...Do Not Stretch while in a chair that rocks backwards.....Sending some Get Better Soft Hugs Dear.....just remember Ice...Ice...Ice....

Tammy Dunlap said...

OH so sorry to hear you hurt yourself. I have had my new chair I got go over on me and I hurt my leg and elbow a month or so ago. No fun at all is it. Hope you feel better soon.

Joanne said...

ooh I can almost feel that..I had a simular experience with a treadmill..started to fall and grabbed the bars..and the whole moving thing..came back on top of me..I did not smile for a week..
I do hope you feel better soon.

Jaime said...

OMG!! I am so sorry that happend. Rest, Rest, & more Rest! Hope you feel better soon.

Judy said...

Sorry to hear of your little mishap.....hope the swelling goes down and you start to feel better real soon. Sending hugs

Robbi1 said...

OMG I can just see it now. I'm so sorry about your accident! I try to be careful too, I have a bad habit of sitting on the front of the seat....one of these days Im gonna end up with my fanny on the ground and very bruised...I'm a klutz to begin with. I agree with the gals - ICE ICE ICE! Hope you feel better soon. Hugs

paul profitt said...

Great stuff.
I just found your blog and love it.
Look forward to reading more.

Lu-Ann said...

Thanks for the warning! I'll be sure not to tip backwards in our computer chairs again!
Remember that saying about if you can't be a good example, you can always be a horrible warning? Well, it kinda fits here! LOL
Hope you're healing well! The only good thing about mouth injuries is that they do heal rather quickly! Not so "funny" side bar but tonight my dd forgot she'd just opened the cabinet door and then walked into it, at least the corner of it with her head, so there will be some ice in use here tonight too! So see you aren't any worse a klutz than the rest of us. Really do hope you feel better soon!

Office desk said...

Hi dear. That's really sad to hear about it. I wish that you are fine now. This is often happened thing. In my office also a girl got slided down because her chair got broken and she got injured badly. Take care dear.