Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Valjs Doggy Layouts


I couldn't wait to show you what is in store for you when I get the rest of the Blue Textured Kit done.:) I may be the only one who is thrilled with these pages..which are only two of the four so far..but it makes me happy.:) This is my dog Freedom.She is part wire haired terrior.Can you tell?LOL She's due to be trimmed for the summer real soon.We got her nine years ago this summer at the pound.I named her Freedom because we set her free from that awful cage she was in.:) She was soo excited to see me and kept trying to get out of the cage to me.I told Dh ..that's the one I want!:) We had gone to get a companion for me when I had to quit working and was gonna be a SAHM. My kids were grown by then and had jobs etc. Freedom has been such a fantastic friend to me.:) She looked just like another dog we had when the two of us first got married and she has the same kind of temperament too.She is smart as a whip (Mom's saying ) hehe. She doesn't destroy anything in the house.I can leave a bag of garbage out on the floor..untied all day if I want to and she won't touch it...can you ask for more?LOL We had two pet parakeets that were allowed to fly around the house if they wanted to.They would land on the floor in front of her and all she would do is look at them. They are gone now...one died from getting attacked by a dog someone brought over.Bummers! The other one died from lonliness when he was gone.It kept picking it's feathers off until it got sick.:( They had been together for years and years. I had read somewhere that birds will do that from boredom or lonliness.:(
Freedom has a set of jingle bells that are on the wall by the back door.We taught her to ring them when she wanted to go out and that was nine years ago..she still rings them today.:)
I wanted to show you some of the items that are gonna be in the Doggy Kit.Some of them are on these pages.There are some more that aren't shown.:)
Well..that's it for me today.Let me know what you think about this kit.:)

5 comments:

Tammy Dunlap said...

Freedom is a cutie and sounds like such a wonderful family pet! We lost my little doggie Oscar (Doxie) last week in a very sad accident and I miss him so much. Sounds a lot like your Freedom. I got Oscar as a companion 13 years ago. Thanks for sharing your Freedom with us and I LOVE the kit! Cant wait to see it!

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Tammy...

Sooo sorry to hear of your loss.We get soo attached to our companions.They truly are a huge part of our families.

Here is a Great Big Bear Hug for you!!

(((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))

Valinda

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the doggie kit. Great Job!!!

scrapsara said...

Love the pics of your "baby". My "baby boy" is very good like that -- he doesn't bother the trash or anything like that. I am disabled and so it is nice to have such a great companion with me at home all day :) Looking forward to the doggie kits :)

Tammy aka bunchie said...

We love our "furbabies" so much don't we? My life would be so blank without my Brandi! I love your LO's with freedom! Wanted to let you know I am working on a slideshow of the quick pages I have used that you made. I hope to have it on my blog soon. Can't wait to show off your work!