Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Valjs QP 10-3-07


Here is the second one for the "baby" album. Hope you like it.:) I have five so far now....got a chance to work on a couple of them yesterday evening...while resting my foot after getting groceries and walking all over Walmart.:)

Thank you ALL for the wonderful comments you left me for yesterdays QP.I am soo glad you like it.You are most welcome.:)

We got some bad news yesterday.My Father in law..had a stroke Sunday afternoon.:( The family have been trying to reach us ever since.We had our landline taken out and thought we had given our cell phone numbers to Jim's (Dh) Mom.But she had tried to get us on an older phone number...so we aren't sure.Anyway....he couldn't move his right side and they called an ambulance and the Paramedics said it looked like he had a mini stroke.They got to the hospital and the first Doc told him it was a full blown stroke..so they took an MRI and then they couldn't find any signs of his having one.So the last Doc that looked at him told him he didn't think he had one.But....Jim's Mom said (after they got him back home yesterday) he was eating supper..and was talking incoherently...and after napping..he was fine.Jim's sister said that his Dad was having problems with his peripheral(side) vision on his right side and was having a hard time judging distance etc..cause when he would reach for something..he would miss it.Sounds like a stroke to me...does it you? We called them last night and his Dad was sleeping so we only got to talk to his Mom.She told us not to come at this time.He is back home and has the feeling back in that side...and she will let us know if things change.I had a chance to go see Leslie and leave a little note for her last night...asking her to let you all know what was going on if I come up MIA all of a sudden.I wasn't sure if I would be called away before being able to let you all know what is happening. Thanks Leslie.!! For those of you who don't know it...if you get a person who is having a stroke...to the hospital in the first three hours...they have a good chance of recovering from it.The Docs administer medication that helps dissolve the blood clot and allows the blood to get back to the brain faster.In the case of my FIL....they think he had a vein burst....well at least one of the Docs think that.

You know those pics I told you about...well..that won't be happening today.... I haven't forgotten them though..just not in the mood right now.

If you would like to use this one...

Here is the link:
  • dwnldlink
  • 9 comments:

    Maria said...

    Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com

    Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

    Hi Val!!!
    Will put your FIL in my prayer's!!!
    Sounds like a stroke to me!!!
    TY so very much for another of your beautiful baby album QP's!!!!
    HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

    Leslie and the boyz! said...

    BIG Hugs sent you and your family.. Yes I got the message last nite.. and then was going to post about it until I seen you made a post today.. So I finished breakfast and getting the boys up and Here I am :) But.. I KNOW what its like to feel a little helpless.. Like You should have been there, You should BE there... and Yet its hard to make a decision.. If I were in your shoes I would go down there and see how hes recovering. At least then you can see how he is recovering and then also see him and let him know you love him Just IN case(i hate to say that but working in a nursing home for 7 years makes you realize you just NEVER know what will happen next.) BIG HUGS because I know you and your hubby are going thru something big with all this.. HUGS, Prayers and Loves being sent you all:)

    bl said...

    Sending good thoughts your FIL's way.

    myscrapbook said...

    Qps always so pretty.tfs

    Trisha said...

    I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law! I'll keep all of you in my prayers. Thank you for the lovely qp!

    Anonymous said...

    I think you're a QP genius!!! Thankyou for all the very pretty QPs! :)

    jburkhart said...

    Oh, I forgot to mention that your new baby qp's are adorable! I really like them...too cute-thank you! :)
    Michaele

    Sindiego said...

    Well Val, I'm shocked! It's been 2 weeks since I've blog hopped. I've downloaded all your gorgeous album pages and finally found one with my note, so I know when the last time I visited was.

    You've been busy! I thought you were going to cut down on your designing...lol. I'm glad you didn't.

    I'm sorry to hear about your father in law. I hope he is doing better, now. It's tough when parents and in laws get older. You know what to expect, but it's still a shock when things start happening.

    Your glasses story gave me a laugh, and now, like you, I'm going to put mine on and go and shave mine! I almost need a brush...lol.

    Have a great day. I promise I won't be so long in returning.

    :)