Saturday, June 09, 2007

Valjs Glassy Blue Paper


Here's the glassy blue paper I used in yesterdays QP. Be sure to click on the preview for a closer view of the texture.The small preview doesn't do it justice. Lyn asked what program I used to make my designs...it is Photo Impact 11.I love it! For those of you who are learning to digi scrap..just play with your program..dig in there and see what you can do with it.I experiment a lot...wonder what this will do ...sometimes I don't like it..sometimes I am excited about what I just made.Just learn and try all kinds of things..even if you don't think it will work..it does some amazing things if you let it.:) On this paper..it was a photo of white flowers first...then I used a texture on it to make the swirls...then I used a glassy texture to make it look like glass. I don't remember all of the steps..but if I tried I could probably do it again.LOL I have several ( not a lot) different glassy papers if you would like to see what I have done..and maybe use them.Just let me know and I will put some more on here.:) I have some using the "special effects"option too..they are a lot of fun.:)

Thank you ALL for the wonderful comments you left for me yesterday..I truly appreicate it.You made my day!:)

Not a lot going on today so far..but it's early yet.:) I slept in cause I had a rough night.Don't you hate those nights where you keep waking up off and on? Get up to go potty and then wide awake when you go back to bed...hmmm..I remind me of my Mother.hehe And what is with these new wrinkles on my hands??? I'm not getting older..getting wiser....okay...I guess I am getting older.LOL

Have a fantastic weekend!!

If you would like to use this one...

Here is the link:
  • dwnldlink
  • 7 comments:

    Lizzerd said...

    hehehe, I'm first! looks like a nice sunny day, as seen through a window!

    Mrs. Miles said...

    Hi Valinda - sorry you had a bad night - I had one of those the other day too. Something that works for me, personally, is I have a little walkman/radio, and I put the headphones on, tune into a talk station (I love npr) and listen to stuff - takes my mind away from swirling around my own 'stuff' and before I know it I drift off... I'm sure I even learn some new things this way!

    Get a nap today!

    :) *hugs* Barb

    ConnyB said...

    Hi Val,

    thank you so much for the blue paper. Love this color :)
    I hope you had a nice day after the rough night. Well, I had. I visited my friend and we talked much. There´s a lot to tell, we haven´t met for about 10 years, so there has much happened meantime *g* Her two children also love me, they come and show me everything they have (you know: toys and stuff). The best thing is: they LOVE to get photos of them. So I guess I have a new challenge LOL

    Have a wonderful evening :)
    Hugs,
    Conny

    Leslie and the boyz! said...

    LOVELY PAPER!!! :) I would be EXCELLENT for the pics I just took yesterday of the boys playing in the bubbles from the bubble machine!!! LOVE it :) THANK YOU!! :) HUGS!!! Oh and I know EXACTLY what you mean about having a rough nite.. I get those OFTEN!! :)

    grambie said...

    Welcome to my restless night syndrome. It is definitely catching. You try not to go, but can't resist knowing you will be awoke for a long time. So hope your next day & night ended with better sleeping results.

    YES! YES! YES! This paper is beyond fantastic. It really appears as glass cut to fill the windows of churches & cathedrals with all the essence of yourself included. This is fantastic. I definitly have to learn how to do just for self-gratification. Love the color blue with the white of the flower for striads. Expensive glass paper for sure. Would appreciate any you have to share. TFS. HUGS!!

    jsj said...

    Thank you!!

    Liz said...

    Love the blue! Thanks!